Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yum!



Today is beautiful! Nixon and I were up early and had a great run along the beach trail. There's something spectacular about being up early running along the beach.. ocean breeze, crashing waves, my sweet baby babbling. So peaceful. I love where I live. It's incredible. Also I made up some homemade granola, you have to try! It's delicious and my new favorite snack.

Homemade Granola
recipe from (inthelittleredhouse.blogspot)

add to large bowl:

4 cups oats
2 cups puffed wheat (unsweetened)
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup wheat germ
3/4 c pure maple syrup (not the fake stuff)
1/3 c olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

mix until well coated.

Spread out onto two lined baking sheets, and bake at 300° for 30-45°, until oats are browned and crispy.
Make sure to rotate the pans and give them a few good shakes during the baking process.

yum.

enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. i got my double jogger and i'd love to join you on the beach trail. maybe you can be my trainer!? i'll have to start off slow but then you can kick my butt. i have 8 more pounds to loose and i just got the green light to work out today. yeah!

    ReplyDelete